Evans Cycles are proud of our Green credentials. We have been a member of the Green Achiever Scheme since 2008 and have been continuously working to reduce our impact on the environment as a company as well as finding ways to support our customers in being Green.
This is the sixth year that we have produced a Self Declaration of Environmental Commitment and have achieved a 5-star rating for the actions we’re taking to include:
Evans Cycles as a Company:
Have identified and are compliant with all environmental legislation relevant to our business activities and currently reduce our impact on the environment by:
• Using green energy generated from renewable sources such as wind farms.
• Reducing our energy and resource use by insulating all new stores and Head Office; using e-invoicing and buying recycled cardboard and packaging.
• Implementing a system for recycling a wide range of waste streams including paper, batteries, tyres, printer toners and fluorescent lamps. We also sell or donate unwanted IT equipment and redundant supplies.
• Reducing our energy consumption through various means including putting timers on heaters and installing lighting control sensors.
• Encouraging car-sharing and Ride2Work schemes for employees and use of public transport.
• Ensuring a purchasing policy which considers the environmental impact of our decisions, so we purchase recycled materials and biodegradable cleaning supplies.
• Auditing suppliers to demonstrate their environmental credentials.
For Our Customers:
• We encourage recycling wherever possible under the Waste Battery Regulations.
• With proof of purchase our customers can return old or worn tyres and inner tubes where they have been replaced.
• Evans Cycles are members of the Ride2Work Scheme and organise events to encourage people to get out and cycle.
• Evans Cycles are already demonstrating a significant reduction in our environmental impact and over the next 12 months we are committed to a programme of improvement by continuing to monitor and enforce the above initiatives.